Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kris & Kris Kooking!

Tuesday are my Saturdays. Today I got to sleep in, WOD at Crossfit and have a Paleo Lunch Date with my best friend Kristina. A handsome friend of mine lent me "The Dairy-free & Gluten free" cook book and I was delighted to dive into it. My plan was to prep our chicken around 1 be cooking for about an hour and a half and eating by 2:30. My plan didn't flesh out exactly on time, no surprise there. The only real set back was due to the super market run we needed to gather ingredients for our "Oyster Mushrooms Rockefeller" free of: soy, sugar, oil & gluten! A Paleo dieter's dream come true. The dish came out delicious! The receipt book was dead on when describing the dish's various textures -soft, creamy, and crunchy too. The total cook time was only 15 min but the prep time was 20 minutes. Prep time would of been longer if I didn't purchase pre made gluten free bread crumbs. I simply was not going to bake and blend my own crumbs this afternoon.

The only reason I created a 2:30 Linner (yes linner, lunch and dinner) was so that we wouldn't feel too stuffed for Bikram Yoga Class at 4:30. All in all we enjoyed our time cooking together, both hours of it! We had cooked, eaten and cleaned up our mess by 3:30 and are now digesting before our hot work out coming up! I haven't been back at the bikram studio in months. I hope I like the instructor tonight... You'll find out if I do laters for sure followers!



No comments:

Post a Comment